Beautiful Stepantsminda - a Must See Place in Georgia!

There is a place in Georgia we would love to return to. It is called Stepantsminda and is located in the stunning Kazbegi mountains. It reminded us a bit of Switzerland and Slovenia with all the mountains and rivers but everything else was completely different to those countries (the food, culture..). I listed some photos to show you this beauty!

Beautiful Stepantsminda - a Must See Place in Georgia

Stepansminda in the Kazbegi mountains is about 2.5 - 3 hours drive away from Tbilisi, the capital city of Georgia. We went there by taxi as this is one of the common ways of transfer in Georgia (about 150 GEL - 50 EUR) but you can also take the Georgian minibus called Mashrutka (10 GEL - 4 EUR in one way). I loved the drive to Stepansminda as it was sooo picturesque. Make sure to ask your driver to stop at the beautiful church called Ananuri.

The beautiful Ananuri church
On our way to Stepantsminda
On our way to Stepantsminda - one of the stops

We stayed in Stepansminda 3 days in total (you can go for a day trip from Tbilisi too but I recommend you to stay for a few days at least!). Our B&B was called Alpenhouse. The highlight of this stay was the view from the terrace. That was priceless! If you are wondering if this is a good place to stay in Stepansminda, we can say, yes it is for the view and its delicious breakfast. Although its location is spectacular, it has also its disadvantage - you need to walk about 20 min to the village if you need something ;)

Beautiful Stepantsminda - a Must See Place in Georgia

The second day we went for the hike to the famous Gergeti trinity church. It took us about 1.5 h to reach the top. The landscape on the way was simply fantastic! However, we were surprised about all the tourist crowds we saw once visiting the church but the hike up and down was peaceful with not so many people around. All those crowds apparently came by jeeps (yes, it is possible to reach the top by a 4WD). Anyway, it is still an amazing place to go!!

Hiking to the Gergeti Trinity church
Hiking to the Gergeti Trinity church
Hiking to the Gergeti Trinity church
Hiking to the Gergeti Trinity church
Hiking to the Gergeti Trinity church
Hiking to the Gergeti Trinity church
Hiking to the Gergeti Trinity church

It is hard to describe the beauty in words so I hope the photos speak for themselves. It is one of the places, I think, everyone should go when exploring Georgia.

...if you have another 4 minutes, check our travel video from Georgia:

Have you visited Stepansminda? Did you like it? Let us know in the comments below!

Related blog posts

You might also like

Write a comment

Comments: 7
  • #1

Jenny (Wednesday, 08 November 2017)

What incredible photos - thank you!
    I was wondering which month you went to Georgia?

• #2

Sonja (Tuesday, 21 November 2017 12:07)

Hi Jenny

Thanks for your comment! We went at the end of August! It was still a bit hot by then, so I'd recommend to go in September or October!

Enjoy :)

• #3

Visit Albania (Monday, 21 October 2019 17:41)

Incredible photos. You should consider visiting Albania, a place of many beauties.

• #4

Tom Peacock (Saturday, 03 December 2022 21:00)

My name is Tom Peacock from USA, I want to say thank you to Dr Emu for the good thing he has done for me, Though am not sure if this is the best forum to show my joy and happiness for what he has done for me but i can't hide my happiness and my joy so i have to share it with people, my marriage got crashed about two years ago and i tried all i could within my power but to no avail. I saw a post and testimonial about the good things Dr Emu has been doing so I decided to give it a try. though he is always a busy man but when he responded back to my email, he gave me 48 hours for my marriage to be restored really just like he said my marriage was restored since then I am happy and i am living happily i am so grateful to Dr Emu you can always email him here: {emutemple@gmail.com} or WhatsApp: {+2347012841542}

• #5

Laura Hobson (Saturday, 10 December 2022 01:08)

I was really stressed by Acid reflux issues with my newborn and had consulted Chief Dr Lucky. He gave us a thorough consultation and the medicines were equally effective. In a couple of weeks there was big improvement in my son and we are very pleased with the progress. We cannot thank Chief Dr Lucky enough. Highly recommended.

Email chiefdrlucky@gmail.com

WhatsApp +2348132777335

Facebook page http://facebook.com/chiefdrlucky

• #6

JASMINE TOM (Wednesday, 04 January 2023 10:21)

THE ONLY TRUSTED AND GUARANTEED RECOVERY EXPERT MR MORRIS GRAY

Anyone out there seeking to recover any form of crypto coins and financial assets from online scams or wallet hackers ,or BTC sent to wrong addresses , i recommend this very dependable agent ( Morris Gray 830 @gmail . com) . This recovery specialist was fantastic in helping me recover my BTC Back, after i lost so much coins to those evil con-artists who claimed to be recovery experts, but after provided all relative information and necessary requirements to this recovery specialist Mr MORRIS GRAY, out of 1.9BTC which was stolen from my wallet account, a total of 1.8138 BTC was finally recovered . I was so glad, I was able to recover this much after losing even more to those devils I contacted before I came in contact with this GOD SENT, Excellent Recovery specialist Mr MORRIS GRAY, I really don’t know what best name fit this man. So go ahead!!!, contact ( Morris Gray 830 @ gmail dot com ) if you are in such situation seeking recovery from any form of online cryptocurrency scam , Explain incidence and follow their instructions so they help you with recuperation. You can Email or WhatsApp Them: +1 (607) 698-0239 For help........

• #7

Thomas Gibson (Friday, 27 January 2023 08:03)

I want to use this opportunity to tell the whole world on how I become rich and famous. I’m 93 years old. I was passing through difficulty in business and there was no hope of me coming out of my debt. I borrow money in my bank to do my business and I run at lost on the business I got frustrated and decided to be playing lottery to see if I can win and make my business grow and I have played for years now nothing good is coming my way on till I meet someone online talking about Dr Ayoola on the internet. He was taking about how this Dr Ayoola help him to win mega million lottery game. I said to myself if this is true and decide to contact him and told him to help me as well I later read more about this man and see how he has been helping people all over the world. I have faith in him and choose to work with him. After working with him he told me what I need to do for the number to be given to me which I did after he finish working he said I will have a dream and the number will be review to me in the dream. That night has I was sleeping I dream a number immediately he call me and gave me the same number I dream of and ask me to go and play the number. Today I’m here testifying of the good work he did for me I played the number and I won the sum of 1, 000,000 million dollars in a lotto max. You can contact Dr Ayoola for help if you want to win big in lottery game he has the gift of giving right number contact him today and thank me email him today Via email: drayoolasolutionhome@gmail. com or https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Ayoola-105640401516053/ text or call +14809032128