Snowshoeing in Stoos in Switzerland

So where to go snowshoeing in Switzerland? Well, there are thousands of places with snowshoeing trails in this beautiful country but I guess not many of them can offer such a stunning scenery as the following route does! In this blog post, we will give you a clue where to go on an unforgettable snowshoeing tour and show you some photos of it!

Snowshoeing in Stoos, Switzerland

Where Is It?

To access this amazing trail you have to drive to Stoos and take the spectacular funicular railway! This steep railway ride will make your heart beat faster! After you reach the top, follow the signs "Schneeschuhwanderweg". There are many snowshoe trails on the mountain, but if you want to enjoy the breathaking view over the Lake Lucerne, you will have to look for the peak called: Fronalpstock. To this peak leads a STEEP trail which lasts for about 2-2.5 hours (depends how fit you are). Don't give up! You will miss this amazing view from the top - check the photos below! There is also a restaurant in case you would like to drink your coffee or have a proper lunch! If you are too tired to descend, you can rent out sleds at the restaurant and take the hilarious sledding slope back down! However, we decided to snowshoe all the way back down and honestly, it was so much fun! Now have a look at the photos:

Photo Diary

Snowshoeing in Switzerland

We even caught the sunset over the Lucerne Lake! What an amazing moment!

Snowshoeing in Switzerland

Snowshoeing is such an amazing winter sport adventure and we can recommend it to everyone. I can't move my legs after this hike but I don't regret any minute of it! Now go and try it yourself! ;)

Are you into snowshoeing? What's your favourite snowshoeing tour? Let us know in the comments below!

You might also like

Related blog posts

Write a comment

Comments: 11
  • #1

Amy Trumpeter (Sunday, 24 January 2016 23:35)

Amazing photo diary - thanks so much for sharing these wonderful pictures. I would love to go to Switzerland. I must admit that the high cost puts me off.

• #2

Erin (Sunday, 24 January 2016 23:58)

Switzerland is at the very top of my list for my dream travel trip. Thank you for sharing these STUNNING photos.
    xx Erin

• #3

Sonja (Monday, 25 January 2016 10:11)

Thank you!!! The nature here blows my mind! I know that Switzerland is one of the most expensive countries to visit but there are ways to keep the costs on a minimum. That just gives me the idea to write a blog post about it! ;) Stay tuned guys!

• #4

Monika (Friday, 06 May 2016 00:42)

Stunning pics! I have to agree with snowshoeing being a great winter sport. I just took up this activity this winter and it turned out to be good fun and a decent exercise, too :)

• #5

Sonja (Thursday, 01 June 2017)

Sorry for my late reply, but thank you Monika! I totally agree with you regarding the snowshoeing activity itself. It's a perfect way to combine sports with adventure & being outdoors!

• #6

theholiday1 (Wednesday, 26 July 2017 11:38)

Nice blog thanks for sharing with us, I love to travel in Switzerland or Italy during my holidays. Need to hire a holiday expert or the holiday advisers from India. Book holiday packages – www.theholidayadviser.com

• #7

GoldenTajTours (Tuesday, 23 April 2019 15:16)

Amazing post keep very much all the most conventional. Switzerland is the southern ,western or central Europe. Snowshoeing (Switzerland) is the so Overpowering in the world. Snowshoeing (Switzerland) is the so UNESCO heritage in the world. I'm so honored on the grounds that I have a duo or doublet or newlyweds or twosome .
    Thanking you !

• #8

Ammar Raj Guni (Thursday, 27 June 2019 14:57)

An inspiring travel blog with the great photos, thanks for sharing

• #9

Tim (Friday, 05 July 2019 13:45)

Amazing photos and blog. It is very very nicely written. I liked the way you posted the pictures in perfect sync. You inspire me to write a blog about it

• #10

Debra Don (Monday, 14 October 2019 01:32)

Can you tell me the name of the restaurant on the top of Fronalpstock?
    And we definitely want to take the sleds down. Can we reserve them?

• #11

Wondrous Albania (Monday, 21 October 2019 12:50)

If you want to experience snow from a different perspective than you should visit Dhraleos beach in Palase, Albania. It is the place where you can see the snow and the sea in the same place. Truly captivating!